The London EV Company (LEVC), is celebrating a record September with its best month of sales in company history. 352 examples of its electric TX Taxi were sold, building on month-on month sales growth since April this year.
LEVC has seen major demand for the TX model across the UK and Europe, with 3,000 sold since its launch in early 2018, with drivers and fleet owners enjoying its clever eCity technology, which combines 80 miles of zero-emissions pure electric range with the flexibility of a total electrically driven range of 377 miles - made possible thanks to the on-board range-extender.
Along with savings in fuel costs, owners are enjoying greatly reduced servicing costs while passengers benefit from a comfortable and luxurious cabin – capable of seating six – alongside charging points for mobile phones and laptops, on-board Wi-Fi and a panoramic roof.
London remains the TX Taxi’s biggest market but the world’s most advanced cab is on the streets in over 20 cities across the UK, including Birmingham, Coventry, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh. It is also proving extremely successful overseas too, with sales in Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
Joerg Hofmann, CEO of LEVC, comments: “The TX Taxi has been a huge success and taxi drivers are leading the transformation to greener mobility, improving the carbon footprint of our cities by preventing more than 6,800 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere while benefitting from significant cost savings.
“This record sales result is proof that the strategic direction of the company is on track. Our approach is delivering consistent, planned growth as we enter new markets with new products and supports our objective of being the leading European green commercial mobility solution provider.”
LEVC’s range will grow further in 2020 with the launch of a new electric van, based on the TX Taxi and sharing the same eCity technology, along with the recently launched TX Shuttle, focused on the growing ride sharing and taxis markets across Europe. These new products will create further opportunities across Europe and beyond. By 2022, LEVC expects that 70 percent of the vehicles built at its Coventry factory will be for export while the remaining 30 percent will service the UK.
By 2024, the company aims to have fleets of TXs and electric vans operating in major cities around the world.
For more information on LEVC go to https://www.levcwestlondon.co.uk/new-taxi/